Want to learn more about affordable housing, over-55 seniors apartments and adult lifestyle communities?
Watch this video to understand how to apply for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing, accessing age-restricted senior apartments and the types of amenities to expect in an adult lifestyle community.
Many of my clients are looking for affordable senior living options. It’s important to know that some seniors apartments consist of market-rent units while others are a combination of both market-rent and Rent-Geared to-Income units.
What is Rent-Geared-to-Income or Affordable Senior Housing?
- Type of retirement living accommodation in high demand, often with a years-long waitlists.
- Generally involves a housing subsidy or benefit to qualifying households to make rent affordable.
- For example, may be a percentage of the household's total monthly income, before taxes and adjustments.
Independent Living in 55+ Seniors Apartments
- Often operated by non-profit organizations.
- May be combination of market-rent units along with Rent-Geared-to-Income units.
- Not all properties have age-related restrictions, as some accommodate a combination of singles, families and older people in the same complex.
Adult Lifestyle Communities Designed with Seniors in Mind
- Community residents often have access to organized activities, common areas and shared facilities.
- Properties are designed with older person’s needs in mind, providing easy access to amenities such as health care services.
- Ownership structure varies depending on the individual property ranging from condo ownership to a life lease housing arrangement and a standard landlord/tenancy rental contract.
If you’re looking for assistance identifying a senior living option that fits your needs, contact us for a free one-hour consultation.